Maria Spiteri BSc (Hons), PG Dip, Grad Cert, PMP, Master NLP, Reiki Master, MBPsS, Assoc CIPD, MAC
Maria is the Founder, Director and a highly self-motivated Change Consultant of Harley Street Consultancy. Maria brings her wealth of experience together, achieved over a 20-year period, and passion for personal development, career management and business coaching. Maria has had a 20-year corporate career working on improving the quality of multi million-pound change programmes in Investment Banking, Business, IT, Corporations and Consultancies, whilst also focusing on improving and maintaining both personal development and quality in the modern world. Maria’s Project Management experience has spanned working for numerous Portfolio, Programme and Project Management Offices (PMO). Maria works on a one-to-one consulting and coaching basis with clients as well as through seminars, webinars, training, workshops and online courses.
Key Skills and Techniques
Maria uses innovative and interesting personal development, psychological and project management techniques to bring about rapid positive change. Maria helps personal and business clients to get clear in their goals and in what they want to achieve so that they are reaching their goals easily and methodically, enabling them to live the life that they want to live. Maria is passionate about her approach and takes time to understand clients’ goals. With her energy and determination, she investigates the client’s present situation, with the key focus on where you want to be. Maria compassionately looks into your blockages so that they can be released. With her practical approach, she advises and guides on how you can change your journey so that you are both enjoying the journey of life as well as the destination of your goals.
Qualifications and Training
Maria’s success has stemmed from her passion in really understanding how the mind works and has an extensive background and ongoing training in this field. This includes:
- Bachelor of Science Degree with Honours BSc (Hons) in Psychology from Brunel University which has provided a thorough grounding on this subject
- Licensed NLP Master Practitioner and Licensed NLP Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), trained by Richard Bandler (NLP founder) & John La Valle (President of the Society of NLP) from NLP Life Training, course accredited by The CPD Standards Office
- Hypnotic Practitioner Certificate from NLP Life Training, trained by Richard Bandler and John La Valle
- NLP Master Classes in Hypnosis, NLP and Life Coaching in Weight Loss and Stopping Smoking
- Reiki Practitioner Second Degree with The Reiki Academy London
- Anthony Robbins Business Mastery course, providing up to date and practical advice to optimise and improve businesses
- Business Revolution – Sales, Marketing, Branding and Strategy Training from Jay Abraham, the world’s number one Business Strategist and known as the “9.4 Billion Dollar Man”
- Anthony Robbins Unleash the Power Within event, which uses extensive NLP techniques, and has completed a fire walk to reinforce personal beliefs and abolish limiting beliefs
- Participated in the International Hypnosis Conference
- Certificate in Personal Coaching from The Coaching Academy
- T. Harv Eker’s Millionaire Mind Intensive
- Robert Kiyosaki’s Rich Dad Poor Dad Education
Business Qualifications and Training
On the practical side, Maria has extensive training and experience in the business world. Throughout her career she has always looked for solutions and improvements in various business settings and has a natural ability to improve and streamline situations using proven process improvement techniques. This includes:
- Project Management qualified as a Project Management Professional (PMP) with the Project Management Institute (PMI) and this gives Maria her practical edge in identifying solutions in a practical and pragmatic manner
- Graduate Certificate (Grad Cert) in Business (Organisational Information Systems) from the University of South Australia
- Post Graduate Diploma (PG Dip) in Personnel Management from Kingston University
- Introduction to Securities and Investment with the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment (CISI), Financial Services Professional Body
- Quality Management qualification Introduction to Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) from the Software Engineering Institute of the Carnegie Mellon University
- Worked in Occupational Psychology Consultancies, which focused on Personal Development in the Corporate world
- Situational Leadership
- Managing People & Leadership Styles
- Train the Trainer & Presentation Skills
Consultancy and Business Experience
Maria has worked extensively in various corporations for a number of years. Previous consultancy contracts and experience include HSBC Investment Bank, Morgan Stanley Investment Bank, Credit Suisse Investment Bank, BNP Paribas Securities Services, Mizuho International Japanese Investment Bank, ABN AMRO Investment Bank, Electronic Data Systems (EDS) IT Consultancy Services, Glaxo Wellcome Pharmaceuticals, Richard Nelson Consultants and Advanced Personnel Technology Occupational Psychologists.
Maria is affiliated with the following professional bodies:
- Graduate Member of the British Psychological Society (MBPsS)
The British Psychological Society (BPS) is the representative body for psychology and psychologists in the UK. They are responsible for the development, promotion and application of psychology for the public good. The BPS enhances the efficiency and usefulness of psychologists by setting high standards of professional education and knowledge. The British Psychological Society promotes excellence and ethical practice in the science, education and practical applications of psychology. Belonging to the British Psychological Society is an integral part of being a professional psychologist.
- Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (Assoc CIPD)
The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) are the professional body for Human Resources (HR) and people development, consisting of a worldwide community of more than 140,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. The CIPD have been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than 100 years. Through their expertise and research they provide a valuable point of view on the rapidly changing world of work. The CIPD set professional standards and provide the know-how to drive the Human Resources and Learning & Development professions forward. The CIPD hold a highly respected Royal Charter and exist to make work and working lives better. And at a time of unprecedented change they have the vision, agility and strength to make a real difference to their members, businesses, the economy and all working people.
- Professional Reiki Practitioner Membership with the Reiki Academy London
Reiki is both a healing energy as well as a path for self development. Reiki offers life changing power, enhances intuition and heals on different levels; the physical, emotional, mental and the spiritual. The Reiki Academy London courses teach a combination of both main Reiki lineages, the Western and the Japanese traditions, which comprise the Usui System. The Western tradition focusses more on hands-on healing, while the Japanese tradition focuses more on meditation and personal spiritual development. The reiki courses comply with the guidelines set out by The Reiki Council and the UK Reiki Federation.
Maria has volunteered at the Anthony Robbins ‘Unleash the Power Within’ event consisting of 7,000 people in order to utilise skills, give back to the community and create a new network. During the volunteering, Maria utilised her extensive NLP skills and assisted with a fire walk to help individuals reinforce personal beliefs and abolish limiting beliefs. Maria has volunteered to help give food packages to the homeless in London. Also Maria has worked at the Crisis homeless shelter during the Christmas period.